We can calibrate both vertical and horizontal cylindrical tanks, LPG vessels, wine and spirit vats, farm milk tanks and road tankers.
Accurate tank calibration has a number of benefits besides telling you the capacity of your tank. it can prevent spillage and overflow, and can also help you calculate what has gone in or come out of a tank.
We also manufacture dipsticks, sightboards and have a supply of dip-tapes.
- Bulk Storage Tanks: Calibrated by the strapping method, Optical Reference Line method or the Internal Electro-Optical Distance Ranging methods using a Total Station. Calibration charts can be supplied in either innage or ullage with your choice increments.
- Vertical Cylindrical Tanks: Calibrated as for bulk storage tanks. Floating roof tanks and fixed cone roof tanks fitted with internal floating raft are provided with an additional page of tables showing the quantities to be deducted throughout the partial zone of displacement and the quantity to be deducted when the roof or raft is fully afloat in a range of product densities.
- Horizontal Cylindrical Tanks: These are either strapped or calibrated by liquid transfer using our certified master flow meter. Inclination is taken into account. The ends can be flat, ellipsoidal, spherical segment, hemispherical or conical. Calibration tables or graduated dipsticks in litres or gallons can be provided.
- LPG vessels: These are calibrated as for horizontal cylindrical tanks and the calibration tables can show litres, cubic metres or tonnes versus 5mm of slip tube measurements. A table showing percentages of total capacity in 0.1% increments can also be provided.
- Vehicle Tanks:Cylindrical or elliptical tanks are calibrated by liquid transfer or internal measurements to produce a chart or dipstick. The internal measurements of elliptical tankers supplied by off-shore owners has proven to be economical when a chart or dipstick can be supplied by our use of cubic spline interpolation methods.
- Rail Tank Cars:These are calibrated by liquid transfer through our certified master flow meter and an ullage dipstick produced.
- Wine & Spirit Vats:Wooden vats are calibrated by internal diameters – four (4) per 250mm level of height. Stainless steel vats are calibrated by strapping or internal diameters.
- Farm Milk Tanks:These are calibrated by liquid transfer through our certified master flow meter. The stainless steel dipsticks are graduated in increments according to the maximum capacity.
- Road Tankers:Road Tankers are calibrated by means of volumetric metering using our master meter. This master meter is calibrated by our 200 Litre prover, which is certified by theNational Measurement Institute. Dipsticks and certificates are then produced to meet client specification.